Qualsafe Emergency First Aid - Level 3
All organisations as a minimum legal requirement must appoint a person to take charge of first aid arrangements including looking after first aid equipment and facilities and calling the emergency services when required. Some small workplaces may only need the minimum provision. But, there are factors that might mean you need greater provision, for example on large building sites.
We conduct this course on a weekly basis.
Classes can be arranged on any date for numbers of eight or more at Zenith Learning or your own business location.
Aim of course:
The minimum first-aid provision on any work site is:
- A suitably stocked first-aid box
- An appointed person to take charge of first-aid arrangements
- Information for employees about first-aid arrangements
The Appointed Person First Aid course is designed to enable the appointed person in the workplace to carry out appropriate first aid in an emergency.
- Health and safety (first aid) regulations
- Managing an incident
- The priorities of First Aid
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Control of hemorrhage (bleeding)
Common workplace injuries
Who should attend:
Nominated person in charge of looking after first aid arrangements and calling emergency services or anyone wanting a comprehensive one day first aid course.
Upon completion of the course candidates will:
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions
- Understand the importance of basic hygiene in first aid procedures
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
Demonstrate how to administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a
- casualty who is unconscious and / or in seizure
- Demonstrate how to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation promptly and effectively
- Demonstrate how to administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and or / in shock
- Administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is choking
Provide first aid for minor injuries
Book this course: