Each year in the UK alone in excess of 700 people die in fires and some 400,000 buildings are dwellings are affected. The national cost is now in excess of £185m. This course will highlight the dangers, reduce the risk and raise the level of responsibilities for the employer and employees.
1/2 Day Training
Who should attend:
Required by everyone in the workplace. To raise awareness of the dangers of poor fire management.
Topic areas covered :
- General introduction and statistics
- Fire safety legislation;
- Understanding fire;
- Fire spread within a building;
- Fire classification;
- Methods of extinction;
- Types and uses of fire extinguishers including (Practical Demonstration);
- Active and passive fire precautions;
- Fire exits and fire escape routes;
- Fire alarm systems;
- Automatic smoke detection;
- Emergency lighting;
- Smoke control systems;
- Fire safety signage;
- Fire evacuation procedures and fire log book;
- Hazard identification and management of risks;
- Duties and responsibilities of ‘competent person’ or fire warden.
- Regular fire inspections
Fire brigade liaison and access
To ensure the health, safety and welfare of each individual in the workplace.
To identify the emergency procedures in place and ensure all staff know what to do in the event of an emergency.
To minimise the risk of fire in the workplace.
In house certificate supplied by Zenith Learning and signed by chartered safety practitioner
Knowledge test multiple choice questions.
Book this course: